A Window into America's Past
Old Louisville Guide
Feedback and discussion (2005 part 1)
Add your comments

Has Old Louisville reached it's potential?  Please let us know your opinions on the status of our neighborhood.    What, if anything, do you think needs to be changed?  Are there any problems that have not been addressed?  Do you have suggestions for the improvement of Old Louisville?  Do you have suggestions or comments about this web site?   People are listening! Go to our Feedback Form and speak out!

Read earlier feedback:  1999 2000 2001 2002 2003
2004(1) 2004(2) 2005(1) 2005(2) 2005(3) 2005(4) 2005(5) 2006 current

Thursday, March 31, 2005

09:30 PM

It is time to take this city to the next level ! Lets play ball Louisville.....................................................

Thursday, March 31, 2005

06:51 PM

GOD if louisville had a pro sports team i would love lousiville. I would go to every game.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

01:26 PM

Warning ! New property tax bills are out. Hope you all have a chair to sit in before you open them. Tenants hope you are ready for a rent increase.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

10:02 AM

If the east end is anti black. They then are also anti basketball. We play basketball downtown and in old louisville.

sylvie

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

09:35 PM

For those of you interested in David Domine's book GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE, I called the publisher and they said they had delayed print for another month or two ... great. I guess it hasn't hit the shelves yet, although it can be preordered.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

04:45 PM

Lousiville is safe and oh yah its safe.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

11:02 AM

Some of you were not alive yet during the 1970's gas shortage. Yes you can look that up at google too.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

10:32 AM

One day there will be no more oil for us to drive our cars if we do not rebuild our cities in America. No one knows the day the last drop will come out. Test yourself. See what all you can walk to if your car became a flower pot. Oil can not be replaced in our lifetime. When it is gone , it will be gone for the next million years. I guess since the east end has few sidewalks when we do run out of oil we can walk out in the street.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

09:15 AM

Look up continent separation at http://www.google.com .

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

05:27 PM

#1 because we as a species are millions of years old none of us can be 100% sure any of our past relatives did not mate with people from Africa. All people from Africa are not black. Some studies show our species might have even started there and that would make us all African Americans. #2 all of the water on the planet has gone through someones body at one time so that would mean that the water you drank has a good chance it went in and out of a black person. "Wow"! Does that mean i have a black persons dna in me ? I can dance !

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

04:28 PM

Just one more thing if you are eating there is a good chance a black person touched your food at some point so you might not want to eat it. Those bad people from mexico probably picked your tomato you just ate.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

04:13 PM

I need to ask all of you in America, Old Louisville, and Louisville. Why is it you are so scared of black people in the city, but yet you go watch them play basketball ? You also give them more money to do it than you pay medical doctors that can save your life. I see some docs that go to school forever and can only drive like a lexus but black basketball players have like a fleet of them plus a R/R that cost 250 grand. You people should be scared of yourselves .

mike

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

04:12 PM

Well then just go to the northwest side of chicago barrio.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

03:30 PM

Nope! I traveled Mexico and Central America, parts of the west coast. There are a lot of good people there.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

02:38 PM

Come to a west coast barrio. Ill bet you shxx your pants.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

01:52 PM

I grew up in the suburbs. I also went to a catholic school. When I saw http://www.micetrap.net. I realized it is not people of color to be scared of. It is white people. I am a white catholic male. I can not believe I was taught nothing but hate by my parents , also black people at that time were not in my school. Today my mother will not eat food cooked by black people. She lives in the suburbs. Yes the east end. I also thought it was black people throwing trash everywhere. It is in fact white people. Many of the beer bottles you see around are in fact thankyou's from the white students at U of L that grew up in the suburbs. I moved to Old Louisville to see all I was taught was a lie. I now understand why so many catholic schools are being closed. I was also an alter boy. I will tell you about our spankings with a paddle later. Rulers across our hands next. Some were even lucky enough to be locked in a locker during class.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

09:09 AM

Dear God, Today we thank the for the oil that we need to return to the east end suburbs and the malls that we can return to each week as we walk in the endless circle of Life ? http://www.babykiller.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

08:56 AM

It is all a lie to get your money in the east end. Without your money there would be no mall, no high price lawyers in the east end feeding off the poor. The best churches are in the east end because as God told us we must be able to wear a $3000.00 outfit and drive a $50,000.00 car before he will open the gates of heaven for you. That is why today we have murders, that is why today kids are on drugs. What you were not told growing up. http://www.blackjournalism.com/active.htm. Everyone rich or poor can live in Old Louisville. That is why I go to church in Old Louisville. That is where God's true people are in Louisville.

James the man

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

06:56 AM

Ive been writing the fact that louisville has very low crime. My names is james. Respond to me. Oh you wanna go to dangerous place where you have to go through in a tank. Try east detroit, try going north of magnolia in new orleans. Youll will not go to new orleans if you value human life. LOuisville is safe and nobody gets raped down here. By the way yall now have 12 murders, your news affiliates are wrong their saying their only 11. Somebody call them up and set them strait. Go to the list of 11 murders i gave you and then add the newest one that makes 12. There one off, correct them>

Janice

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

05:43 AM

Hey I love all these cute little links. But I have google too and I can find this stuff and even better info on my own. I won't take up your time with those links. I came across a site the other day that had to do with bird calls. I'll bet there were birds in Old Louisville for at least a hundred years; maybe a couple of weeks longer. Go to google and I'll bet you can find it too.

Now then, I've been enjoying the little discussion here. I Don't usually post to these sites, probably won't again, so please don't goad me. But I can see the low crime thing. I used to live in Old Louisville when I was in college. One of those dumpy little Peterson Popham places. What I couldn't believe and what took me a little time to get used to was that even though I was in the center city, and a female, I wasn't ever caught up in all the shootings, rapes and drug wars my parent's (good SouthEast Christians, ugh!) told me to expect. By the time I was ready to graduate, I was going out walking my dog late at night, well up to 10 or 11 anyway. And I wasn't the only girl out there. Maybe I was lucky, maybe stupid, but I quit being afraid, and here I am no worse for the wear. I actually miss old Louisville in a lot of ways. I really miss having a place to walk. Where I am now, you have to f**ing get in a car to go across the street. And kids are a lot more work than the dog. Okay, that's just growing up, and I love my family, but I'll always miss those carefree days and NIGHTS walking through Old Louisville, under the gas lamps of St James and Belgravia Courts (and enjoying those views in the mansions that didn't close their curtains), to the Mag Bar or Granville...when I was really daring, but I usually had a date then. But this discussion got me to thinking about news coverage and crime and all that. Has anybody seen Bowling for Columbine? All right, I know Michael Moore is an anathema to all you good ultra right wing whacko Christians, but the man has a point or two. The media loves to scare the sh(*& out of us. It's all about the evil black man. So we get a complex about it, and when we figure out for ourselves it's not alltogether true, or at least not a as significant a problem as we are supposed to believe, we come off as surprised to the point of acting like we can't accept it. All life is a risk. But it's not that bad. And it doesn't have to be downtown. My first and so far only close to violent experience came right here in the good ole 'safe' east end in broad daylight. And the SOB was white I survived anyway.

Thank you people of Old Louisville for some of the happiest years of my life. I'll be back to visit you now and then, when the azelias and redbuds are in bloom or when the gold and crimson leaves are just beginning to fall. I'll be back for a Shakespeare play in Central Park, for the art fair, probably a house or garden tour, and sometimes just for one of your restaurants. I have very good feelings about Old Louisville. Thanks for the web site too.

Please don't spell check me!

05:01 PM

04:49 PM

Your call ! I am sure you will get me on this one. I will not even look it up.

James the man

04:43 PM

In your opinion whats bigger south louisville or west louisville.

03:28 PM

James just go to http://www.google.com. You will see a box. In that box type in what ever you want to know about.Example: West end baptist church Louisville Kentucky.

03:09 PM

West End Baptist Church is at 1400 S. 4th street. 502-635-9266.

03:01 PM

9th street extention goes now from 7th street all the way downtown. Also all of oak street is open now . You can see it all on your next visit. Ask your friends that live here.

02:55 PM

The West End Baptist Church is at 4th and Magnolia. Look it up in the phone book .

JAmes the man

02:38 PM

Oh if forgot those clarksdale residents are just being relocated to shity aparment along lower brownsboro road. WHich in my opinion has the highest amount of drug dealers living in the city. Lower brownsboro road is full of drug dealers and is becoming one of the baddest parts of town. Also crime is up 70% in crescent hill. Oh i visit louisville often cause of friends. ..............james

JAmes the man

02:34 PM

Whats so good about the 9th street exit, i havent seen it. Oh i asked with any new roads were being paved. Oh louisville will never get a pro sports team. If the house is on 4th and magnolia then how the hell is it accross from the west end baptist church. I smell something, its your lies. Also the i can spell better then you if we were in a contest. i guaruantee it.

10:11 AM

James one more thing. That $1,200,000.00 house is just across the street from the West End Baptist Church. $20,000,000.00 9th street ext. links the south end and west end to downtown and all that is going on in Louisville. Many people that lived in the projects around downtown now have nice apts. and condos.

09:52 AM

James go to: http://www.brad.ac.uk/acad/civeng/skills/spelling.htm.

08:48 AM

or you can go to http://www.louisville.edu.

08:37 AM

You can go to http://www.kyvl.org.

08:23 AM

$20,000,000.00 9th street ext. around Old Louisville is done after many years. All buildings along oak street are being or are newly renovated. If you want to return a house at 4th and Magnolia is for sale at $1,200,000.00. Another just sold by Hill and 4th for $500,000.00.

08:09 AM

go to http://www.lfpl.org.

james

04:02 AM

I went to the kentucky state police website it did not have louisville crime stats. Do you know youre city louisville got in big trouble for not turning you crime statistics into the fbi. Just cause their so low that yall are afraid to turn em. The louisville police website could get in trouble. Oh i have been to lousiville its trying to act like a big city like st. louis. Ive heard of 4 th street live, wow a block long with 20 stores. It s about the size of the hard rock cafe in memphis. Oh i seen all the condos their building(preston point, water park place). Did you know the only reason their tearing down the clarksdale housing projects is because of those condos. THey could have torn them down years ago, they dont give a crap about the people their. They just tore it down now cause now is the time their building the attractive condos and they dont want a big projects right next to it. Oh is their any links that can tell me about new roads being built and new construction going on. Like what new is being built, are new houses and rodes being built in west end and south end to grow population. ALot of rodes can be put in the west and south end to make it grow. West end is 16 square miles and only has 60,000 people. Is there any links that can tell me about new things and construction going on the city. I used to live their. THey can pave a lot more roads in the west and south end. HAve you seen a construction goin on. What about downtown hows the stadium thing coming. There are places 2 square miles in other cities with 65,000 people. Also theres no way i can find a link that gives me interactive maps of louisville so i can see the neighborhoods is there.Cities need crime its part of becoming a big city. Also i would like to know the 2005 population of each race in louisville. PS Do you know what race has the highest gang murder rate in us. If you said Africans, African american, mexican immigrants, puertirican immigrants, or latino you wrong. The highest murder rate and crimerate in the united stats belongs to chicanos. Mexican american males, if you live in the west coast youd know tah. IT doesnt show it on paper thats cause they put all hispanics american or immigrant in the same category. If you take out the 12 million mexican americans they will easily have the highest murder rate. But in the fbi statistics their only 2 categories whites and blacks. Why did they put hispanics on apppication under choose race part. Because the flow of immigrants coming accross the border of mexico made them do it. Did you know if youre hispanic american of any race your supposed to choose white on the job appication. Only immigrants and refuggees choose hispanic. Back in the day all hispanics but latinos and puerta ricans were considered white. They still are. You cant just say hispanics as a whole. WHites asians and africans can be hispanic. You half to be specific on which race your talking about. Dont mistake latinos for chicanos.

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville

09:27 PM

Some have not been to the new downtown Louisville. Old days are on the way out. Yes at one time downtown Louisville like many U.S. downtowns were in bad shape. Those that have not been here in the last few years are in for a shock. This is just one example. http://www.4thstlive.com. New riverfront and the new Marriott downtown will open at the end of March. Look it up at http://www.marriott.com. Louisville is not what it was 10 years ago.

04:55 PM

Stats are at :http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org.

04:27 PM

WOW. the louisville police department website is horrible. Where are your citys crime statistics!! Oh on the bright side louisville has the lowest rape rate in the nation. People must not have to rape people their. Yall got 82 raped in 2003, your neighboring city lexington had a 144. Go to lexingtons site they have crime statistics. WHat is louisville scared that if they show the people that louisvilles a very safe city and has little crime that people will think louisvilles lame. Your city is safe safe safe safe!....................................james

04:09 PM

Just for you: http://www.lmpdky.org. Louisville Metro Police site.

03:59 PM

Happy easter too. Oh when is your city louisville gonna update your cities police deartment site. I scanned all the those news affiliates and searched them by date. I have concluded that yall have had 11 murders so far this year. 1 portland shooting 44th and market. 2. payne street murder basketball player murdered. 3. preston highway murder mexican american male. 4.Murder suicide at poplar level road. 5. shivley security guard at club 502. 6. Greenwood avenue murder 58 year old man. 7. Victory park crip guy, marcus stallard. 8. Teen murdered on floyd street in front of school. 9. man found beaten to death in prp. 65 yearold man. 10. police officer murdered by teen. 11. 2nd and market street murder,homeless man stabbed to death. My city has 78 murders so far this year. Yall have 11. So why do yall talk so much on your local news affilates, are cities news affiliats barely mention murders cause they happen so often. I guess their just trying to fool the public .................................james

03:03 PM

Also:http://www.thelouisvillechannel.com.

02:55 PM

Go to:http://www.whas11.com for even more Louisville news.

02:38 PM

Story also at http://www.fox41.com.

02:22 PM

We wish you well ! Happy Easter.

james

01:56 PM

I know how to spell, i just type and dont check when replying, but if it offends you teethless hicks ill try to spell better. Oh and thanks for giving me link to youre hometowns locals news affiliate. No other city puts the number of murders like yall do. New Orleans i sonce again murder capital with capital with 265 murders with a population of 474,000. Oh go to citydata.com. It tells you everything about every city in us, even villiages. It has a every cities weather 7 days a week and the 7 day forescast, go to citydata.com. Oh and old louisville does have the highest crime rate louisville easily. Just read snitch magazine and look at totals at bottom, 3 times higher crime rate then west end. It has 13,000 people and west end has 60,000 people. Old louisville easily has highest crime rate in louisville, especially around central park. Oh im not gonna check my spelling, unless you beg me to. Im typing im not looking at keys. Oh im just tellin the truth about louisville, its a bullshit city! You really should go to citydata.com, how do i post links. Maybe you could post it here for me, toothless chimp.

12:51 PM

News is at http://www.wave3.com. Sorry !

12:49 PM

News is at http://www.wave3tv.com.

12:24 PM

This week the news was a Louisville Police officer was shot by a white guy in the "suburbs" ! Yes he died. So much for the safe suburbs. Happy Easter !

09:46 AM

We also use http://www.spellcheck.net.

09:36 AM

Because Kentucky is back in school and we use http://www.dictionary.com. Also in Kentucky we spell edu. Education . Not edj. Just for your info.

05:14 AM

Louisville, low crime and low economics! a double whammy! Low moral and low edjucation and economics. It shocking to to me that a city like louisville can have such a low murder rate and crime rate, but yet have even lower economics. Usually when a city has low economics it has high crime. But not louisville it has a very low murder rate and very little crime.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident

Saturday, March 26, 2005

05:09 PM

I also read that David Domine has more books coming out - including a cookbook called

FROM SOUP TO NUTS - Eating Well in America's Largest Victorian Neighborhood.

When will it be out?

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident

Saturday, March 26, 2005

05:07 PM

I found this link for those of you asking about David Domines book: GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE

thanx! Silvia

Friday, March 25, 2005

12:23 PM

I agree ! Full of http://www.strindbergandhelium.com.

aj

Thursday, March 24, 2005

01:08 PM

Louisville the safest city in the us. No gangs nothin. Are worst neighborhood the west end is like candy land to a real ghetto.(north stlouis, east baltimore, east detroit)etc. Wed be better off with out snitch magazine and local news affilates. We are about the 68 largest city in the us. Any city can add their county with city to seem big. Are downtown is like microscopic. It streches from the louisville slugger museum to omalleys night club. Oh why cant we get a pro sports team cause were not a big enough city. We have about 240,000 living in city. And 460,000 living in county. If every city in us merges with county we be the 116 smallest city. Oh plus nobody represent louisville. YAll live in the ville so how the hell are you gonna root for kentucky. Rep your city! Move to lexington if you want to root for the cats. God the people of lousiville cant even represent their city. Louisvilles small and abramson is filling your heads with helium. Did you know the city of st. louis had a 115 murders just in the city and 12,000 car thefts to our 69 and 3000 carthefts combing jefferson county. St. louis would have 1.5 million people if they merged. We are a joke of a city inwhich abramsons trying to play god and make us big. louisvilles not meant to be big. Its a getaway city for people from big stressful cities with high crime to come and relax.

Suzy

Thursday, March 24, 2005

11:07 AM

FYI, y'all, I just found this on the internet:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: McClanahan Publishing House, Inc. 1.800.544.5969 or http://www.kybooks.com/

Louisville author, David Dominé, has announced the publication of his much awaited book, GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE: True Tales of Hauntings from America’s Largest Victorian Neighborhood, (2005) by McClanahan Publishing House, Inc. Ghost story enthusiasts and history buffs alike will swoon over this collection of authentically scary tales that is set in one of the country’s best kept secrets: Old Louisville. Dominé guides us on a masterful journey through the haunted streets and scenic alleyways of the largest Victorian neighborhood in the nation, offering us tantalizing glimpses of the past while opening the doors to the imposing turn-of-the-century mansions that dot this acclaimed national preservation district, his own 1895 Chateauesque mansion included! While taking the reader on a literary stroll through the elegant parlors and secret rooms of these architectural gems, Dominé sets the stage for true stories that will send chills down your spine – or at least give you goose bumps! He includes first-hand accounts of strange, otherworldly happenings behind these fortress-like walls, along with historical tidbits, attractive illustrations and tantalizing photographs of these Victorian gems.

Did you know, for example, that the lost spirit of young woman in white still waits for her betrothed on the steps of the majestic First Church of Christ, Scientist? Even though she died almost 90 years ago? Have you heard that a young boy supposedly wanders the quiet spaces of Fountain Court? His ghost, that is, since legend has it the boy died in a 1912 fire at the elegant St. James Flats. Has anyone told you about the menacing tree that used to stand at the center of Floral Terrace? Rumor has it, it served as a lynching tree for many years and some unfortunate victims haven’t quite forgotten yet … In the late 1880s a young maid was attacked and killed by two thugs in her employer’s house on Brook Street. Did you know locals still claim to see her spirit walking to and from work – although the house was torn down years ago? These are just some of the fascinating tales that await readers who pick up Dominé’s absorbing collection of haunted tales from the largest Victorian neighborhood in the nation, so get it now. Happy Hauntings!

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville

Brad

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

04:21 PM

If you haven't done so already, get a copy of GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE: True Tales of Haungings from America's Largest Victorian Neighborhood by David Domine and published by McClanahan Publishing House, Inc. of Kuttawa (2005) so you can read some of the "undiscovered" history behind this fascinating neighborhood. Who would have thought it? On a recent trip to Louisville for the first time ever, I accidently stumbeld into Old Louisville and was blown away by the friendly people and the amazing architecture. Someone steered me towards GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE and I read it in one sitting. What a fascinating collection of stories! Get it soon if you want to find something out about that fascinating part of town. More people need to discover Old Louisville! Cheers!

Monday, March 21, 2005

04:33 PM

Cool ! I typed in Old Louisville at the brit. website and found some cool stough.......

Monday, March 21, 2005

12:41 PM

What this city needs is education and Unity. http://www.britannica.com.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

10:20 AM

You in the City have nothing to worry about. In the east end there are high taxes, high divorce rate, many single parent households. People walking out of the mall stores with stolen goods, people breaking into cars in the mall parking lots. Malls are candy stores for criminals. A few years ago there was a threat against the Jacobsons store at the mall (Store has since closed). There was also a guy caught with a loaded rifle by security at that mall. All of the people that worked there were told they would be fired if they told anyone. If there was no crime in the east end there would be no reason for police, and security people in the mall. Crime only in the city is a myth. The theory is to chase everyone to the high price homes in the suburbs. Then the banks buy up all the property at a low cost in the city and in a few years when people come back to the city they find the 5,000 square foot house they sold a few years ago in the city for $10,000.00 . Just sold for $600,000.00. Bankers in Louisville are making a killing on people's lack of knowledge. Those that did not move to the suburbs have a $600,000.00 house that is paid for and get to enjoy a $500,000,000.00 downtown rehab and for some it is all within a short walk. Soon fuel will cost more than our house payment. That is why Realistate brokers, Bankers, Doctors, and Lawyers are now the big property owners in places like Old Louisville.

tyrone

Friday, March 18, 2005

11:02 PM

I agree to,louisvilles safe as comebe and the news affiliates need to shut up.Am I the only person here who cant stand john boel who works for cbs news channel 32 affilate.God I hate is target 32 investiagations,hes alway looking for something to lie about.Louisville doesn't have a prostiution problem,but he made up story to bullshit the public.Go to other cities news website to see how bad they are,the mayors tell them not to put homicides on news they happen so often.Oh and west louisville isnt really a ghetto it 16 square miles and has about 12 to 15 murders a year.Theres places 7 square miles in new orleans that get a 130 murders a year.BElieve me for a west louisville being supposedly the bassdest neighbordhood in louisville,thats not bad.Oh to find cities website,just type in website on yahoo.Just type a city then put news after it.Like indianapolis news.Fact is louisvilles safe and not alot a crime happens in louisville so news goes nuts when something does happen,God I can only imagine what reverand cloeman would do if he lived in detroit,he explode and faint.Oh am I the only one who thinks christopher 2x is a candy ass.

Friday, March 18, 2005

07:04 AM

I agree. In Louisville the exact same news rotates for 24 hours . Sometimes seven days a week. Big news this week is because there might be crime here one day. Police can now have two bullets. News is only there to scare people into buying a house in what they call a safer part of town. You can only get that if your house cost $500,000.00 or more. Realistate people own the news.

john

Friday, March 18, 2005

05:32 AM

did you all know louisville has a very low murder rate for big cities,most cities dont even put murders on the news they happen so frequent.louisville crime rate is very low.Our media hypes up crime and trys to fool louisville bad.It causes louisville to lose people.Everyone knows louisvilles safe.The media and snitch need to shut up if they want to see crime go to baltimore detroit or st.louis.quit dramatizine crime local news affiliates.Louisvilles so safe god i wish yall could go to other cities so their ghettos are.here are some area cities homicide totals,not counting the county like we do to try to seem big 1 st louis 114 murders 2kansas city 94 murders 3indianapolis 88 murders 4detroit 384 murders 5 new orleans 265 murders 6baltimore 278 murders 7memhis 126 murders 8philadelphia 334 murders YOu see louisvilles extremely safe.OUr media just hypes up crime,they crave it.Fact is ladies and gentleman murders happen in every city.Baltmore already has 60 murders this year and philly has 89 murders so far.you see louisville is safe,we also have lowest robbery rate in the nation.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

05:01 PM

Old Louisville "Rocks" to http://www.kdf.org !

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

04:57 PM

Spring in Old Louisville is great ! I like the sound of rain on a copper roof, and the sound of Thunder http://www.cyberfireworks.com as I watch the gardens in O.L. come to life.

Monday, March 14, 2005

08:32 PM

Derby soon ! http://www.lbba.net

Sunday, March 13, 2005

09:57 PM

Kentucky in time. http://kdl.kyvl.org/html/kdl/timeline.htm.

Derby

Limousines

Saturday, March 12, 2005

10:45 AM

Need a Limousine, I found this company to be excellent and would like to recommend them. Derby City Limousines @ www.DerbyLimo.com

Ramon

Friday, March 11, 2005

01:49 PM

FYI - I found out that the new Chamber of Commerce is opening/has opened a visitor's center at 218 West Oak, and they'll be offereing tours of Old Louisville from there. About time! We need to promote Old Louisville as a tourist destination! There will be tours of the "MILLIOANIRES ROW" along South Third Street, and also carriage rides of the "haunted" locations in Old Louisville. I can't wait for them to start!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

12:33 PM

I saw on the news that some people at U of L had been robbed. This is a notice to the news media and every body else. U of L is not in the heart of downtown . U of L is also on the outskirts of Old Louisville. U of L is a part of the South end of town. It is not downtown ! It is not even in the boundaries of what is Old Louisville or downtown.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

01:06 PM

It soon will be spring. Many homes gardens in Old Louisville have a fish pond or two. Some info. for you. http://www.koikorner.com.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

11:20 AM

Mr. Bush will be in Louisville this week. The website for the White House is http://www.whitehouse.gov.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

09:42 AM

When Old Louisville was being built and the marble was being ordered from Italy. What time would it be here before you call in the order ? http://www.worldtimeserver.com.

Monday, March 07, 2005

08:33 PM

Want more ? Drugs are everywhere in Kentucky as well as the rest of the country. It is no longer just a city problem. If you see them go to http://www.lmpdky.org.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

01:07 PM

Found http://www.courier-journal.com/cjextra/2004projects/meth/

Sunday, March 06, 2005

10:26 AM

Go to the Sunday http://www.courier-journal.com. for real stats.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

05:12 PM

I like Louisville and I do not understand why some seem to enjoy saying bad things about this city. Crime is not just in the city. There are plenty of meth labs, thefts, and people being killed in the suburbs and rural areas of Indiana and Kentucky. It is all over the news. Some of you that are posting here are unaware that some of us to watch the news and read the paper. We who have computers can even look things up if we like. Yes at one time the black man was the problem, or so we were told he was. Today a black man might take a car or hold up a bank. On the other hand the white guy was the one that ran off with your cash and built a million dollar house in Florida. It was a poor black man that gave me a cold drink and bbq ribs from his grill when I first moved here. Some of you have lived in the south too long. Those of us that have moved here from other places have a good laugh at some of you from time to time. I thank you for it.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

03:37 PM

Today the average person that has done something in Old Louisville that is illegal is white , under the age of 21 and goes to Uof L. The crime "Drinking under age". However in Old Louisville the parents of these party going people have nothing to worry about. They are white and the Louisville police dept. will not bust U Of L students that are the children of MD's , Judges,and Lawyers from St. Matthews and E-Town. What proof do we have ? How about live video !

Saturday, March 05, 2005

12:34 PM

I would like to know where you found your stats ?

joe smalley

Saturday, March 05, 2005

12:19 PM

No Old Louisville hasnt. Old louisville has beening losing population by the minute. Right now It stands at 13,000 people. We need to build more houses and condos and apartments. Nice though. Old louisville also has had the highest robbery rate in louisville the last 5 years. And it has the overall the highest crime rate. We need more police and we need to build, build and build, to make old louisville grow. believe me, if we were smart we could add a couple of thousand people in the next couple years.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

08:10 PM

As a city grows. http://www.tolerance.org/.

Judy

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

08:55 PM

I had the absolute best bourbon balls of my life the other day, made in Old Louisville!! Check it out!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

08:53 PM

I don't think it's been released yet - McClanahan Publishing House, Inc. of Kuttawa is doing it. David Domine is the author, and I think he's got more books coming out soon.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident

Randall

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

08:52 PM

Is the book called GHOSTS OF OLD LOUISVILLE out yet? It's supposed to be out any day now!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

08:50 PM

Yes, it looks wonderful and adds a lot to that block. There are a lot of things up and coming for the intersection at Oak and Third Streets. They also want to turn the Oak Street corridor into an antique district.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

08:48 PM

Hey - Did you all see the new historical marker about GILDED AGE MANSIONS on the 1200 block of South Third Street? It looks great, and is a supposed first step in getting recognition for Third Street as the old "MILLIONAIRES ROW" of the city...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

01:24 PM

For all to enjoy. What was a show like? http://www.virtualvaudeville.com

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

09:58 AM

I saw in the newspaper Monday that some people want the confederate monument moved from the U of L area. It is close to Old Louisville. After viewing http://www.blackjournalism.com/active.htm it made me realize racism is not just in this city, but rather in all cities.

Friday, February 25, 2005

10:24 AM

Wow Indiana. Is that not the God fearing state full of friendly people , or so we thought with everyone knowing one another . The state with all the meth labs. Wow I thought the drug problem was only in the big city. As usual the myth of small town U.S.A. and the Suburbs turns out to be a lie. The friendly good time people live in the CITY !

Friday, February 25, 2005

06:54 AM

Why indianapolis? What a dull and sprawling craptastic chain haven of a town. Come back and see how Louisville has grown and changed while keeping its charm. It will not dissapoint.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident

Thursday, February 24, 2005

02:48 PM

Your website is wonderful. I have lived in the suburbs of Indianapolis for 33 years, but I can still remember the smell of rain on a hot sidewalk in downtown Louisville.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

11:24 PM

I like to go to Old Louisville during http://www.kdf.org.

Monday, February 21, 2005

12:31 PM

Who turned on the lights in places like Old Louisville ? http://www.edisonhouse.org.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

02:24 PM

How many miles might I need to travel if I lived in Europe and was building a house in Old Louisville. I found a cool cal. @ http://www.indo.com/distance.

Friday, February 18, 2005

02:37 PM

Go to http://www.oldlouisville.com/links.htm.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

02:10 PM

I think more people would come to Old Louisville if they clicked on Louisville city links on the front page of this website. There is a lot to do in the Louisville downtown area.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

12:31 PM

In resp. to post. go to http://www.fontaineferrypark.com.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

06:07 PM

Old Louisville is just five min. from http://www.4thstlive.com/

Saturday, February 12, 2005

05:44 PM

If you do not get a reply you can contact depts. of the city of Louisville at http://www.loukymetro.org.

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident

Louis

Prop421@aol.com

Saturday, February 12, 2005

05:23 PM

I've asked before but there may be some new readers. Does anyone know what building was on the south east corner of 6th & Main. It was torn down in the 50s to make a parking lot. I lived in that building back in 1952 when I was 7 years old. If you can help , E-mail me. Thanks. Advice to the young. If you live in any older part of town and and like it , take pictures & make notes. Some day they well warm your heart. I know

Saturday, February 12, 2005

11:42 AM

There are many things to do if you live in Old Louisville . Not all of downtown was torn down. http://www.louisvillepalace.com. Still also have the Brown at 315 W. Broadway.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

06:41 PM

During Derby 2002 the U.S. Military flew their planes over Louisville after 9/11. Maybe one day the history books will list Louisville Kentucky as the great American city that rose from the ashes.

Posted by a visitor to Old Louisville

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

02:51 PM

Old Louisville as we know it today is for the most part still here. The main part of downtown was torn down. However thanks to some very wise people we think that maybe downtown is on its way back. Downtown nightlife never did go away. Some people did not want their families to know fact was all the good bars are downtown and still are. Thanks to computers now fun things all over the city can be found. Downtown and Old Louisville are booming for those that want to have a good time. I have found many places to go thanks to this site.

Posted by a worker in Old Louisville

HowlinBlind MuddySlim

howlinblind7454@netscape.net

Monday, February 07, 2005

06:50 PM

It is a shame that Old Louisville has disapeared.I would love to see some photos of Fountain Ferry Park also.I am glad thou what is left is still There. I have fond memorys of J.C.Pennys downtown and other stores. You can never go back thank God for the photos.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

07:25 PM

Many people came from across the http://www.ocean.com to build Old Louisville.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

08:37 PM

Today what we call the suburbs is a place with very little history. To go to Europe is to understand places like Old Louisville. You will find many young people today that grew up in the suburbs and have gone to Europe want to move back to places like Old Louisville. Young people today are more educated and like to do more than just go to a mall like their parents did.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

10:16 PM

Alaska sounds good to me. We are like Alaska at this point. Thanks to the subeurbs and the need for oil we now have oil in our coffee .

Posted by a former Old Louisville resident

Roger

rogerjennings1@hotmail.com

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

05:49 PM

I just wanted to say that I love the web site. I lived in Old louisville for 13 years and now I live in the interior of Alaska. I miss Derby and all the great things that the city had to offer. I also miss the great food at 3rd Ave Cafe. Visit our web site @ www.chenahotsprings.com Come visit us some time. hope to see you all soon.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

08:14 PM

I saw the article at http://www.wave3.com thanks for the notice !

Friday, January 28, 2005

02:47 PM

The city Of Louisville will find it has a gold mine when it comes to cars parking in yards in Old Louisville. People in the west end have started receiving tickets.

Friday, January 28, 2005

02:20 PM

Attn: All mgmt. companies of rental property. You can now be fined on the spot for trash , tires etc. on your property.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

08:20 PM

As per news Thursday please be notified city has begun to fine people 100.00 for parking on grass and in yards if you are not parked on a surfaced area you could wake up to a fine.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

08:19 AM

Go to : http://members.rogers.com/vaudeville/

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

11:37 AM

It is 1910 in Old Louisville. Sunday . I am going downtown to a vaudeville show.

Monday, January 24, 2005

10:50 AM

Kentucky and Old Louisville . Math and science . http://www.scirus.com . To renovate a house we need math. Just type in math at this website. Sunday paper 1 in 4 in Kentucky can not do math.

Monday, January 24, 2005

08:43 AM

Http://www.neighborhoodlink.com is on this site at the top left of the page.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

10:08 PM

Would it be possible to add links on this website to the various neighborhood organizations within Old Louisville or at least list the organizations with contact numbers for residents (both new & old). I think that would be very valuble information for people. Even adding the City Neighborhood Link website would be helpful.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

11:59 AM

To the last post. Yes! Kentucky has education problems. It is all over the news and even in the c/j 01/23/2005. I thank the person or persons for some of these post. Just a couple of you seem to not like them. If you do not like them, why do you come back ? I take it you too find some of them interesting, or you would simply not return.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

07:05 AM

Amen: http://www.micetrap.net.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

06:38 AM

Suburbs are a place to go and live in a home made of plastic and plywood. Go to the mall on Sat. and church on Sunday. Hey Suburbs your kids are going to school in and around Old Louisville Monday-Friday. Drinking like fish on Sat. and Sun. If you can spell suburbs in the proper way. Why is it that your children have decided your way of living is not for them ? For those who say Amen you might want to save it for when your kid ends up in rehab because they were born in a house of plastic and plywood . I was born in the suburbs. I went to church on Sunday. I also said amen when us white folk all said thank you God for another day to not have to deal with reality. Thank you God for a place that I can send my drunken child to go to school so my neighbor will not know of reality that hides behind my walls made of plastic and plywood. "The Suburbs". In 20 years many new homes in the suburbs find they have a cracked foundation .

Thursday, January 20, 2005

10:39 AM

Can I hear an Amen!

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

02:17 AM

Ok, to the loser that keeps typing junk, please stop. It is obvious how uneducated many of us are when we spell suburbs as "suberbs." I think it is the same person that keeps ranting as someone noted before, but he or she is ruining this site.

With regards to Old Louisville, those mansions will be worth millions in about twenty years as downtown improves and the area gentrifies (there is a new word for you, kiddo).

Sunday, January 16, 2005

04:57 PM

When Old Louisville was being built . What kind of boats were on the river ? http://www.steamboats.com/

Sunday, January 16, 2005

03:14 PM

Many times in Old Louisville you will see a flag with a Fleur-de-Lis. http://www.fleurdelis.com/fleur.htm

Thursday, January 06, 2005

10:27 PM

Sometimes the UPS jets keep me up at night. Did aircraft keep people up at night over Old Louisville in the early years ? http://www.wright-brothers.org/.

Monday, January 03, 2005

02:00 PM

A good way to see places in Old Louisville is by bicycle. Are there bicycle clubs in Louisville ? http://www.louisvillebicycleclub.org/.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

06:33 PM

Or try : http://wwwneic.cr.usgs.gov/

Sunday, January 02, 2005

05:48 PM

Has there ever been an earthquake in Old Louisville ? http://www.neic.usgs.gov/neis/states/kentucky/.

Read earlier feedback:  1999 2000 2001 2002 2003
2004(1) 2004(2) 2005(1) 2005(2) 2005(3) 2005(4) 2005(5) 2006 current

Old Louisville Guide Home Page
Old Louisville National Historic District

Home, Newsletter, News/Press Releases, Old Louisville Business Directory, History, Historic Pictures, Vintage Post Card Views,  Spring, Autumn, TerraServer Images, Maps, Calendar of Events, Walking Tours, Architectural Styles, Architect's Corner, St James Court, Belgravia Court, St. James Art ShowMuseums, Libraries, Literature, Churches, Bed and Breakfast Inns, Restaurants-Taverns, Recipes, Visitors' Page, Resources, Old Louisville Places, Our Lost Landmarks, Old Louisville, the Way it Was, Louisville Links, Feedback
information@oldlouisville.com

Google
Search WWW Search oldlouisville.com

(there are now over 1300 web pages on OldLouisville.com)
Click here for a comprehensive search of all 2800+ web pages on this server